A National Openweight Championship bout is the latest addition to the card for MLW's next Azteca Underground tapings.
Alex Kane will defend his National Openweight title against Puma King, ACH, and Myron Reed in a four-way match at the April 1 Azteca Underground tapings in Dallas. The show is taking place on the Friday of WrestleMania week.
Last November, Kane won the vacant National Openweight title in a ladder match that also included ACH, Reed, Alex Shelley, and Zenshi. The title was relinquished by Alex Hammerstone after he became MLW World Heavyweight Champion in October 2021.
Reed is the current MLW Middleweight Champion.
The Azteca Underground tapings are being held at Gilley's Dallas. The venue will also host a set of MLW tapings on Thursday, March 31.
The updated card for the Azteca Underground event is listed below:
- Azteca Apocalypto match: LA Park vs. Jacob Fatu
- Bandido vs. Flamita
- MLW National Openweight Champion Alex Kane defends against Puma King, ACH, and Myron Reed in a four-way match
- Mexican strap match: Aramis vs. Gino Medina
- Aerostar, Microman & El Dragon vs. Arez, Mini Abismo Negro, and a mystery partner
- Octagon Jr. vs. Matt Cross
- Chik Tormenta vs. Holidead