The following is a press release:
Mulvane, Kan. (June 25, 2015) – Following weigh-ins at Kansas Star Arena on Thursday, the Bellator 139 main event between Cheick Kongo (22-10-2) and Alexander Volkov (24-5) will go on as planned less than 24-hours later.
In addition to the headliner, “Bellator MMA: Kongo vs. Volkov,” which airs live and free on Spike at 9 p.m. ET / 8 p.m. CT, features three additional must-see main card bouts.
In the co-main event, home state hero David “The Caveman” Rickels (16-3) looks to put an end to the present winning streak of John “The Natural” Alessio (35-17). Not only is Rickels exciting once he enters the cage, but it’s his walkouts that also garner plenty of attention
The always-exciting Joe Schilling (2-4) will continue his torrid pace in 2015 when he meets promotional newcomer Hisaki Kato (4-1). “Stitch Em’ Up” is already slated to compete during the kickboxing portion of “Bellator: Dynamite” in September.
In the opening televised bout of the evening, former Bellator Featherweight Champion Pat Curran (20-7) will try to put an end to his current two-fight skid when he meets 24-year-old Emmanuel Sanchez (10-1) on short notice. “Paddy Mike” was originally slated to face Goiti Yamauchi, but an injury derailed the tilt.
Main Card (9 p.m. ET)
- Bellator Heavyweight Main Event: Cheick Kongo (238.6) vs. Alexander Volkov (242)
- Bellator Lightweight Fight: David Rickels (155.9) vs. John Alessio (155.4)
- Middleweight Fight: Joe Schilling (185.9) vs. Hisaki Kato (185.5)
- Bellator Featherweight Fight: Pat Curran (145.6) vs. Emmanuel Sanchez (145.5)
Preliminary Card (6:45 p.m. ET)
- Bellator Heavyweight Fight: Derek Bohi (264) vs. Frederick Brown (229.4)
- Bellator Bantamweight Fight: Jeimeson Saudino (134.3) vs. Aaron Ely (134.7)
- Featherweight Fight: Iony Razafiarison (140.8) vs. Bryanna Fissori (144)
- Bellator Heavyweight Fight: Alex Huddleston (248.6) vs. Javy Ayala (263.9)
- Bellator Heavyweight Fight: Daniel Gallemore (264.9) vs. Augusto Sakai (263)
- Bellator Featherweight Fight: Bubba Jenkins (145.9) vs. Joe Wilk (145.8)
- Bellator Lightweight Fight: Bobby Cooper (155.9) vs. Pablo Villaseca (156)
- Bellator Featherweight Fight: Greg Scott (145.7) vs. Gaston Reyno (145)