NJPW has announced that Clark Connors has not been medically cleared following a COVID-19 diagnosis and will not take part in Thursday's NJPW Strong Nemesis event as advertised.
The scheduled Connors and Jordan Clearwater vs. Chris Bey and Hikuleo tag match will now be the debuting Keita Murray and Clearwater vs. Bey and Hikuleo.
Connors and NJPW announced his COVID-19 diagnosis last Thursday, a day before Connors was scheduled to appear at LA Comic Con. In a statement, NJPW said that Connors was "experiencing mild symptoms, and has not had close contact with other wrestlers." Connors wrote: "Thankfully, due to NJPW's testing guidelines I was able to catch it early and isolate immediately. I am vaccinated so hopefully this will pass quickly."
Thursday's Strong taping will be held at the Vermont Hollywood in Los Angeles, California. Here is the lineup:
NJPW Strong Nemesis, Thursday, December 9, 7 p.m. Pacific time --
- Jay White vs. Christopher Daniels
- David Finlay vs. Jonah
- Alex Zayne vs. Ariya Daivari
- Brody King vs. Dave Dutra
- Karl Fredericks & Kevin Knight vs. Bateman & Misterioso
- TJP vs. The DKC
- Eddie Kingston vs. Gabriel Kidd
- Alex Coughlin vs. JR Kratos
- Royce Isaacs vs. Lucas Riley
- Juice Robinson vs. Bad Dude Tito
- Keita Murray & Jordan Clearwater vs. Chris Bey & Hikuleo