Changes have been made to next month’s Wrestling Dontaku event in Fukuoka.
A new singles match between YOH and Hiromu Takahashi has been added to the May 1 card. Takahashi was originally set to team with Shingo Takagi and Tatsumi Fujinami against Zack Sabre Jr., Taichi, and Taka Michinoku in the opening match of the card. BUSHI will take Takahashi’s place instead.
“YOH’s motivation seemed to be in question in recent weeks, and after a loss during the Golden Fight Series tour opener this past Monday, he found himself aggressively called out by Hiromu Takahashi,” NJPW’s website wrote. “The Time Bomb stated that YOH was a ‘completely different person’ to the one who fought so valiantly in the Best of the Super Jr. 28 final this past December, a criticism that YOH took to heart. Bringing fire to the ring in Korakuen Hall this week, YOH would take to the microphone and promise that he would ‘crush’ Hiromu. Not waiting for Best of the Super Jr., YOH demanded the match happen sooner, and that bout is now official for Fukuoka.”
Here is the updated card for Wrestling Dontaku 2022:
- Kazuchika Okada vs. Tetsuya Naito for the IWGP World Heavyweight title
- Hiroshi Tanahashi vs. Will Ospreay for the IWGP United States title
- El Desperado vs. Taiji Ishimori for the IWGP Junior Heavyweight title
- EVIL vs. Tama Tonga for the NEVER Openweight title
- YOSHI-HASHI and Hirooki Goto vs. Jeff Cobb and Great-O-Khan vs. Bad Luck Fale and Chase Owens for the IWGP Tag Team titles
- Ryusuke Taguchi and Master Wato vs. Yoshinobu Kanemaru and DOUKI for the IWGP Junior Tag Team titles
- Tanga Loa vs. Yujiro Takahashi
- YOH vs. Hiromu Takahashi
- Tatsumi Fujinami, Shingo Takagi, and BUSHI vs. Zack Sabre Jr., Taichi, and Taka Michinoku