Juice Robinson claims he will not be in Osaka on Sunday to defend the IWGP United States Heavyweight Championship at NJPW Dominion.
In a video released on NJPW's YouTube channel, Robinson stated that he is still suffering from acute appendicitis and will not be in Japan on Sunday to defend the US title in a three-way against SANADA and Will Ospreay as advertised.
The fact that Robinson is still being advertised for the bout, that the video was released via official NJPW channels, the wording of NJPW's social media posts, and the absence of an official statement from the company would seem to indicate that this is an angle and not a legitimate issue, and that Robinson will appear.
Robinson's promo can be seen below.
The Dominion card:
NJPW Dominion, Sunday, June 12 --
- IWGP World Heavyweight Championship: Kazuchika Okada (c) vs. Jay White
- IWGP United States Heavyweight Championship: Juice Robinson (c) vs. Will Ospreay vs. SANADA
- NEVER Openweight Championship: Tama Tonga (c) vs. Karl Anderson
- KOPW 2022: Shingo Takagi (c) vs. Taichi
- AEW interim World Championship eliminator match: Hiroshi Tanahashi vs. Hirooki Goto
- IWGP Heavyweight Tag Team Championship: Bad Luck Fale & Chase Owens (c) vs. Great-O-Khan & Jeff Cobb
- NEVER Openweight Six-Man Tag Team Championship: EVIL, Yujiro Takahashi & SHO vs. Zack Sabre Jr., El Desperado & Yoshinobu Kanemaru
- Toru Yano vs. Doc Gallows
- Tetsuya Naito, Hiromu Takahashi & BUSHI vs. Taiji Ishimori, El Phantasmo & Ace Austin
- Hiroyoshi Tenzan, Ryusuke Taguchi & Master Wato vs. Aaron Henare, TJP & Francesco Akira