Impact Wrestling's X Division Champion Josh Alexander returns to NJPW Strong on this week's episode.
Alexander will take on Rocky Romero in the main event of Friday's Road to Tag Team Turbulence edition of Strong. Alexander defeated Alex Coughlin in his prior Strong outing. Romero is coming off a loss to Clark Connors on Strong.
Coughlin's open challenge series will continue in Friday's second match. He will take on Ring of Honor's PJ Black.
In Friday's opener, The DKC will take on Barrett Brown.
The Tag Team Turbulence tournament will begin on next Friday's Strong. All four first round matches will take place on that episode.
Strong airs Fridays at 10 p.m. Eastern time on NJPW World and is available on demand shortly after airing.
Here are the lineups for the next two weeks of Strong:
NJPW Strong Road to Tag Team Turbulence, Friday, July 9 --
- Josh Alexander vs. Rocky Romero
- PJ Black vs. Alex Coughlin
- The DKC vs. Barrett Brown
NJPW Strong Tag Team Turbulence, Friday, July 16 --
- First round match: The Good Brothers vs. Clark Connors & TJP
- First round match: Yuji Nagata & Ren Narita vs. Fred Yehi & Wheeler Yuta
- First round match: Kevin Knight & The DKC vs. Jorel Nelson & Royce Isaacs
- First round match: Brody King & Chris Dickinson vs. JR Kratos & Danny Limelight