Tom Lawlor will defend the NJPW Strong Openweight Championship against Satoshi Kojima on the Friday, July 23 Tag Team Turbulence episode of NJPW Strong.
Kojima issued a challenge to Lawlor to face him following Lawlor's title defense against Karl Fredericks on the June 25 Strong. Lawlor accepted and the company made the announcement this evening.
Tag Team Turbulence is an eight-team tournament set to kick off on the July 16 edition of Strong. The semifinals will take place on the July 23 show, while the finals will be held on the July 30 episode.
Strong airs Fridays at 10 p.m. Eastern time on NJPW World and is available on demand shortly after airing.
Here are the lineups for July's episodes of Strong:
NJPW Strong Road to Tag Team Turbulence, Friday, July 9 --
- Josh Alexander vs. Rocky Romero
- PJ Black vs. Alex Coughlin
- The DKC vs. Barrett Brown
NJPW Strong Tag Team Turbulence, Friday, July 16 --
- First round match: The Good Brothers vs. Clark Connors & TJP
- First round match: Yuji Nagata & Ren Narita vs. Fred Yehi & Wheeler Yuta
- First round match: Kevin Knight & The DKC vs. Jorel Nelson & Royce Isaacs
- First round match: Brody King & Chris Dickinson vs. JR Kratos & Danny Limelight
NJPW Strong Tag Team Turbulence, Friday, July 23 --
- NJPW Strong Openweight Championship: Tom Lawlor (c) vs. Satoshi Kojima
- Tag Team Turbulence semifinal: Nagata & Narita/Yehi & Yuta vs. The Good Brothers/Clark Connors & TJP
- Tag Team Turbulence semifinal: Kevin Knight & The DKC/Jorel Nelson & Royce Isaacs vs. Brody King & Chris Dickinson/JR Kratos & Danny Limelight
NJPW Strong Tag Team Turbulence, Friday, July 30 --
- Tag Team Turbulence final