The finals of the 2021 NJPW World Tag League are set.
Hirooki Goto and YOSHI-HASHI will face EVIL and Yujiro Takahashi in the finals on Wednesday, December 15.
Goto and YOSHI-HASHI finished atop the block with 18 points, earning a place in the finals with today's win over IWGP Heavyweight Tag Team Champions Zack Sabre Jr. and Taichi. EVIL and Yujiro finished the tournament at 16 points, but held head-to-head tiebreakers over the other two teams that also finished at 16. They secured a spot in the finals with a win today over Tetsuya Naito and SANADA.
EVIL has won the World Tag League twice, both times while teaming with SANADA. They captured the 2017 and 2018 editions of the tournament back-to-back. Goto is also a two-time winner, claiming victory with Karl Anderson in 2012, and with Katsuyori Shibata in 2014.
Wednesday's show will also include the Best of the Super Juniors 28 tournament finals, where Hiromu Takahashi will take on YOH. Shibata will also make a "major announcement" on the show. The full card has yet to be released.
Here are the final World Tag League standings:
- Hirooki Goto & YOSHI-HASHI 18 points (9-2)
- EVIL & Yujiro Takahashi 16 points (8-3)
- Zack Sabre Jr. & Taichi 16 points (8-3)
- Tetsuya Naito & SANADA 16 points (8-3)
- Great-O-Khan & Aaron Henare 14 points (7-4)
- Tama Tonga & Tanga Loa 14 points (7-4)
- Hiroshi Tanahashi & Toru Yano 14 points (7-4)
- Bad Luck Fale & Chase Owens 12 points (6-5)
- Satoshi Kojima & Hiroyoshi Tenzan 6 points (3-8)
- Tomoaki Honma & Togi Makabe 4 points (2-9)
- Yuji Nagata & Tiger Mask 2 points (1-10)
- Minoru Suzuki & Taka Michinoku 0 points (0-11)