Will Ospreay, Karl Anderson, and Tanga Loa are all out of the Best of the Super Junior finals on on June 3.
NJPW announced tonight that Ospreay is continuing to recover from an kidney infection, while Anderson has tested positive for COVID-19. Loa has suffered a right knee injury. All three were previously announced for the card.
The finals of this year’s tournament was determined on a show that was held earlier today. It will be Hiromu Takahashi (winner of the A Block) vs. El Desperado (winner of the B Block), with the winner likely getting an IWGP Junior Heavyweight title shot at Dominion, which takes place on June 12.
Here is the updated lineup for this year’s finals:
- Hiromu Takahashi vs. El Desperado in the finals of the Best of the Super Juniors tournament.
- Kazuchika Okada, Toru Yano, Tama Tonga, and Jado vs. Jay White, Doc Gallows, Taiji Ishimori, and Gedo
- Jeff Cobb, Great-O-Khan, and Aaron Henare vs. Bad Luck Fale, Chase Owens, and El Phantasmo
- Tomoaki Honma vs. Juice Robinson
- Ryusuke Taguchi and Master Wato vs. Francesco Akira and TJP
- Robbie Eagles, YOH, Titan, and Clark Connors vs. El Lindaman, Ace Austin, Wheeler Yuta, and Alex Zayne