The rules are set for the KOPW match between Shingo Takagi and Taichi.
The two will square off with the KOPW trophy on the line Monday, April 25 from Hiroshima.
Takagi vs. Taichi will be a "30 Count Match" with the winner being the first wrestler to accumulate a pin count of 30. A one-count on your opponent is worth one point, a two-count is worth two and so on with the winner being the first to get to 30.
For KOPW matches, each wrestler presents a set of rules and a fan vote is used to determine which the match will be contested under. 51% of fans voted for the "30 Count Match" rules presented by Taichi. 49% of fans voted for Takagi's "Three Falls Match" where the winner would be the first wrestler to get a one-count, two-count, and a three-count on their opponent.
The lineup for NJPW's April 25 show in Hiroshima is as follows:
- Tomoaki Honma & Togi Makabe vs. Yuto Nakashima & Tiger Mask
- Ryohei Oiwa, Master Wato, & Ryusuke Taguchi vs. Zack Sabre Jr., DOUKI, & Yoshinobu Kanemaru
- TAKA Michinoku & El Desperado vs. Gedo & Taiji Ishimori
- YOSHI-HASHI & Hirooki Goto vs. Bad Luck Fale & Chase Owens
- YOH, Toru Yano, & Kazuchika Okada vs. BUSHI, Hiromu Takahashi, & Tetsuya Naito
- NEVER Openweight Six Man Tag Team Champions EVIL, SHO, & Yujiro Takahashi defend against Hiroshi Tanahashi, Tama Tonga, & Tanga Loa
- KOPW 2022 holder Taichi defends against Shingo Takagi