Will Ospreay and Zack Sabre Jr. have advanced to the quarterfinals of the 2022 New Japan Cup.
Ospreay and Sabre moved on to the next round of the tournament with victories at Thursday's show in Shizuoka. Ospreay and Sabre will face each other in the quarterfinals.
Here are the results from Thursday's show:
- New Japan Cup third-round match: Will Ospreay defeated SANADA
- New Japan Cup third-round match: Zack Sabre Jr. defeated The Great-O-Khan
- Kazuchika Okada, Hirooki Goto & YOSHI-HASHI defeated Taichi, Minoru Suzuki & DOUKI
- EVIL, Yujiro Takahashi, SHO & Dick Togo defeated Hiromu Takahashi, Tetsuya Naito, Shingo Takagi & BUSHI
- Jeff Cobb & Aaron Henare defeated Hiroshi Tanahashi & Tomoaki Honma
- Bad Luck Fale, Chase Owens & Gedo defeated Tama Tonga, Tanga Loa & Jado
- Ryusuke Taguchi & Master Wato defeated El Desperado & TAKA Michinoku
- Taiji Ishimori & El Phantasmo defeated Tiger Mask & YOH
The quarterfinals of the tournament will begin with Kazuchika Okada vs. CIMA and Tetsuya Naito vs. Jeff Cobb taking place on Sunday, March 20. Ospreay vs. Sabre and the final quarterfinal match for the tournament will then take place on Monday, March 21.
The participants for that last remaining quarterfinal match will be determined as the third round of the New Japan Cup concludes this Friday. Hiromu Takahashi vs. EVIL and Shingo Takagi vs. Chase Owens are the tournament matches.