NJPW has announced a Twitter poll will be held to decide the stipulation for the Toru Yano vs. Chase Owens match for the KOPW 2021 title at Castle Attack night one on February 27.
The poll is currently underway on the NJPW Global Twitter account. Voters will be asked to choose between two strap match variations as Yano defends the KOPW provisional title against Owens. Yano has proposed a Yano-style strap match, where the competitors will be strapped together and the winner will be the first to remove all four corner pads.
Owens has proposed a traditional four corners strap match, where the winner will be the first to touch all four corners while strapped to their opponent.
Owens introduced a strap in the elimination match main event on Sunday's Road to Castle Attack show and eliminated Yano. Yano then used the strap to pull Owens over the top rope to eliminate him as well.
The two were on opposite sides of a tag match on Monday's Road to Castle Attack Show as well, where Owens again introduced a strap.
Castle Attack will be a two-night event, held on February 27 and February 28 in Osaka-Jo Hall. Here are the full lineups:
Saturday, February 27 --
- Kazuchika Okada vs. EVIL
- Tomohiro Ishii vs. Jay White
- KOPW 2021 provisional: Toru Yano (c) vs. Chase Owens
- Hirooki Goto vs. Tama Tonga
- YOSHI-HASHI vs. Tanga Loa
- Great-O-Khan, Will Ospreay & Jeff Cobb vs. Hiroshi Tanahashi, Hiroyoshi Tenzan & Satoshi Kojima
Sunday, February 28 --
- IWGP Intercontinental Championship: Kota Ibushi (c) vs. Tetsuya Naito
- IWGP Junior Heavyweight Championship: Hiromu Takahashi (c) vs. El Phantasmo
- NEVER Openweight Championship: Hiroshi Tanahashi (c) vs. Great-O-Khan
- IWGP Heavyweight Tag Team Championship: Tama Tonga & Tanga Loa (c) vs. Hirooki Goto & YOSHI-HASHI
- Kazuchika Okada, Tomohiro Ishii & Toru Yano vs. EVIL, Jay White & Chase Owens
- Will Ospreay & Jeff Cobb vs. Hiroyoshi Tenzan & Satoshi Kojima