Cameron Grimes is going to NXT Stand & Deliver.
The finish of tonight’s three way qualifying match for the NXT Stand & Deliver North American title match had Roderick Strong take out A-Kid with the end of heartache, leading Grimes to enter the ring and deliver a standing foot stomp to Strong, pinning him to win the match and earn the final spot in this Saturday's ladder match.
Grimes had originally lost a qualifying match on March 15, losing to Santos Escobar. However, he was given another chance by North American Champion Carmelo Hayes by facing two other people who lost their qualifying match, A-Kid and Strong.
Following his inital loss, Grimes had been dejected, saying being a champion was something that he promised to his late father.
Here is the card so far for NXT Stand and Deliver, which takes place this Saturday prior to WrestleMania 38 Saturday at the American Airlines Center in Dallas, Texas:
- Dolph Ziggler vs. Bron Breakker for the NXT Championship
- Imperium vs. The Creed Brothers vs. MSK for the NXT Tag Team Championship
- Mandy Rose vs. Cora Jade for the NXT Women’s Championship
- Tommaso Ciampa vs. Tony D’Angelo
- LA Knight vs. Gunther
- Carmelo Hayes vs. Santos Escobar vs. Grayson Waller vs. Solo Sikoa vs. Cameron Grimes in a ladder match for the NXT North American Championship
- Kickoff: Toxic Attraction (Gigi Dolin & Jacey Jayne) vs. Dakota Kai and Raquel Gonzalez for the NXT Women's Tag Team Championship