A big tag match between two of the top teams in NXT/NXT UK history has been added to the card for Worlds Collide.
DIY (Johnny Gargano & Tommaso Ciampa) will face Moustache Mountain (Trent Seven & Tyler Bate) at the Royal Rumble weekend special. It's taking place at the Toyota Center in Houston, Texas on Saturday, January 25 and will air live on the WWE Network.
After Ciampa and Gargano reunited on NXT tonight, the Worlds Collide match was set up by a tweet from Seven: "See @JohnnyGargano and @NXTCiampa are mates again. @Tyler_Bate... Wouldn’t it be wonderful if they could stay mates long enough to fight us? Moustache Mountain vs #DIY? What do you say @RealKingRegal? Possibly #WorldsCollide?"
Gargano saved Ciampa from an attack by Undisputed Era on NXT tonight. After Seven's tweet was shown, Gargano & Ciampa did an interview and accepted Moustache Mountain's challenge "for old times' sake."
Here's the updated card for Worlds Collide:
- Undisputed Era (Adam Cole, Kyle O'Reilly, Bobby Fish & Roderick Strong) vs. Imperium (WALTER, Marcel Barthel, Fabian Aichner & Alexander Wolfe)
- NXT Women's Champion Rhea Ripley defending against Toni Storm
- DIY (Tommaso Ciampa & Johnny Gargano) vs. Moustache Mountain (Trent Seven & Tyler Bate)
- Finn Balor vs. Ilja Dragunov
- NXT Cruiserweight Champion Angel Garza defending against Isaiah "Swerve" Scott and two NXT UK wrestlers in a fatal four-way match