Ilja Dragunov is back on NXT.
Dragunov appeared at the end of the first set of NXT tapings that took place Wednesday night. The end of the show had Bron Breakker confront JD McDonagh, who defeated Tyler Bate to become the number one contender for the NXT Championship. That was when Dragunov came out as the three had a staredown.
Dragunov was a mainstay on the NXT UK roster and had held the NXT UK Championship once, defeating Gunther at NXT TakeOver 36 back in August of 2021. He vacated the championship on the July 7 edition of NXT UK, saying he had suffered an injury and was no longer able to defend the championship.
Here are spoilers for next week’s WWE NXT, taped at the WWE Performance Center in Orlando, Florida.
- Nathan Frazer defeated Axiom in their best of three series.
- Toxic Attraction (Gigi Dolin & Jacy Jayne) defeated Ivy Nile and Tatum Paxley
- Schism came out to do a promo. During the promo, a hooded figure with a yellow mask on watched through the entranceway.
- The Dyad (Rip Fowler & Jagger Reid) defeated Edris Enofe and Malik Blade
- Cora Jade defeated Wendy Choo. After the match, Lash Legend attacked Choo.
- Andre Chase and Bodhi Hayward defeated Carmelo Hayes and Trick Williams
- Oro Mensah defeated Grayson Waller. Apollo Crews came out during the match and aided Mensah in victory.
- JD McDonagh defeated Tyler Bate in a number one contenders match for the NXT Championship. McDonagh and NXT Champion Bron Breaker confronted one another after the match. Ilja Dragunov then came to the ring and confronted both men.