A match to decide the next challenger for Noam Dar's Heritage Cup Championship will take place on NXT UK next week.
WWE has announced that Nathan Frazer will face A-Kid in a Heritage Cup rules match on NXT UK next Thursday. The winner will become the number one contender to Dar's title.
Dar won the Heritage Cup Championship from Tyler Bate on NXT UK this October. He's had one title defense since then, retaining against Sam Gradwell.
A-Kid was NXT UK's inaugural Heritage Cup Champion, winning the title by defeating Trent Seven in the finals of a tournament in November 2020. He was champion until losing the Heritage Cup to Bate this May.
Heritage Cup matches have the following rules:
- There are six rounds for Heritage Cup matches. Each round is three minutes.
- There are 20-second breaks between each round.
- All matches are two-out-of-three falls.
- Falls can be won by pinfall, submission, or countout.
- Once a fall occurs, the round ends.
- Once someone has won two falls, they are declared the winner and they advance in the tournament.
- If there's a disqualification or knockout, the match ends without the need for two falls.
- If a match goes the full six rounds, whoever is ahead on falls wins.