The first round of NXT UK's Heritage Cup tournament is set to conclude next week.
In the Heritage Cup tournament's final first round match, Trent Seven will face off with Kenny Williams on NXT UK next Thursday (October 22). Seven was among the first seven wrestlers announced for the Heritage Cup tournament. Williams qualified for the tournament as its final entrant by defeating Ashton Smith and Amir Jordan in a Wild Card triple threat match.
The winner of Seven vs. Williams will advance to face Dave Mastiff in the semifinals of the Heritage Cup tournament. Mastiff defeated Joseph Conners via knockout in a first round match on NXT UK this week. Noam Dar vs. A-Kid will be the other semifinal match. Dar advanced by defeating Alexander Wolfe in the first round, while A-Kid defeated Flash Morgan Webster in his first round match.
Heritage Cup matches have the following rules:
- There will be six rounds for Heritage Cup matches. Each round will be three minutes.
- There will be 20-second breaks between each round.
- All matches are two-out-of-three falls.
- Falls can be won by pinfall, submission, or countout.
- Once a fall occurs, the round ends.
- Once someone has won two falls, they are declared the winner and they advance in the tournament.
- If there's a disqualification or knockout, the match ends without the need for two falls.
- If a match goes the full six rounds, whoever is ahead on falls wins.
The Heritage Cup will be defended as a championship under the same rules following the tournament.
WWE has also announced that next Thursday's NXT UK will feature a contract signing for WALTER and Ilja Dragunov's upcoming NXT UK Championship match. WALTER is defending his title against Dragunov on NXT UK the following week (Thursday, October 29). Dragunov & Pete Dunne defeated WALTER & Wolfe in the main event of NXT UK this week. Dragunov pinned WALTER to get the win. It's the first time WALTER has been pinned in NXT UK.