The semifinals of NXT UK's Heritage Cup tournament will conclude next week.
During today's NXT UK episode, WWE announced that the Heritage Cup tournament semifinal match between Trent Seven and Dave Mastiff will air on NXT UK next Thursday. The winner will advance to face A-Kid in the finals.
A-Kid clinched his spot in the finals by defeating Noam Dar in the main event of this week's NXT UK episode. A-Kid defeated Flash Morgan Webster in the first round of the tournament and Dar in the semifinals.
Seven defeated Kenny Williams in the first round of the tournament. Mastiff's first round win was against Joseph Conners.
The Heritage Cup will be defended as a championship following the tournament. Here are the rules for Heritage Cup matches:
- There will be six rounds for Heritage Cup matches. Each round will be three minutes.
- There will be 20-second breaks between each round.
- All matches are two-out-of-three falls.
- Falls can be won by pinfall, submission, or countout.
- Once a fall occurs, the round ends.
- Once someone has won two falls, they are declared the winner and they advance in the tournament.
- If there's a disqualification or knockout, the match ends without the need for two falls.
- If a match goes the full six rounds, whoever is ahead on falls wins.
Recent NXT UK signee Rampage Brown is also set to debut on NXT UK next Thursday. His opponent hasn't been announced. The 37-year-old Brown is a former PROGRESS Wrestling World Champion and Atlas Champion.