After being set up on NXT last week, Johnny Gargano vs. Finn Balor has now been officially confirmed for NXT TakeOver: Portland.
The match announcement was made on this morning's episode of WWE's The Bump. TakeOver: Portland is being held at the Moda Center in Portland, Oregon on Sunday, February 16.
Balor vs. Gargano was originally supposed to take place at TakeOver: WarGames in November, but the match was never officially announced and Gargano missed the show due to a neck injury.
Gargano made his return to NXT television last month, costing Balor an NXT Championship match against Adam Cole and then attacking Balor with a steel chair.
On last week's NXT, there was a segment where Balor said he'll give Gargano a match at TakeOver -- if Gargano can make it that far -- and told him to go talk to NXT general manager William Regal about it.
A battle royal on tonight's NXT will determine who will challenge for the NXT Women's Championship at TakeOver: Portland. Bianca Belair, Candice LeRae, Chelsea Green, Dakota Kai, Vanessa Borne, Kayden Carter, Mia Yim, Santana Garrett, Io Shirai, Shotzi Blackheart, Xia Li, and the newly-signed Mercedes Martinez are advertised for the battle royal.
Ahead of TakeOver, NXT Women's Champion Rhea Ripley will defend her title against Toni Storm at Worlds Collide on January 25.