A second musical performance has been announced for NXT TakeOver: Stand & Deliver.
It was announced via Billboard today that Grammy-nominated pop-rock and nu-metal artist Poppy will perform and debut a new song at NXT TakeOver: Stand & Deliver night two this Thursday. Night one of TakeOver: Stand & Deliver on Wednesday will begin with rock musician Nita Strauss performing the national anthem.
Poppy has performed on NXT programming multiple times in the past, most recently appearing at NXT Halloween Havoc in October of last year.
"Music has always been such a big part of WWE," Paul "Triple H" Levesque told Billboard. "Music adds so much to the emotion of what it is we do and that connection has been there since the very beginning when you had the rock and wrestling connection with Cyndi Lauper as part of the WWE."
In response to a question from Billboard about Bad Bunny's involvement in WrestleMania 37, Levesque noted that Poppy has told him she's interested in getting into the ring: "Bunny finds himself at a place in his career where he can just say I want to be in the WWE and that's amazing to me. He got a place in Orlando and he’s been training three times a week for the past three months. He has taken it so seriously. I love those collaborations. And Poppy is like Bunny in the way that every time I see her, she wants to get in the ring and wrestle and start training."
TakeOver: Stand & Deliver night one will air live on the USA Network and will also be simulcast on Peacock in the United States and the WWE Network everywhere else. Night two of TakeOver: Stand & Deliver will air live on Peacock in the U.S. and the WWE Network everywhere else.
Here are the cards for both nights of TakeOver: Stand & Deliver:
TakeOver: Stand & Deliver night one (Wednesday, April 7) --
- NXT Women's Champion Io Shirai defends against Raquel Gonzalez
- NXT United Kingdom Champion WALTER defends against Tommaso Ciampa
- Triple threat match for the vacant NXT Tag Team titles: MSK (Wes Lee & Nash Carter) vs, The Grizzled Young Veterans (Zack Gibson & James Drake) vs. Legado Del Fantasma (Raul Mendoza & Joaquin Wilde)
- Gauntlet Eliminator match to determine NXT North American Champion Johnny Gargano's challenger for TakeOver: Stand & Deliver night two (Leon Ruff, Isaiah "Swerve" Scott, Bronson Reed, Cameron Grimes, Dexter Lumis, and LA Knight are the Gauntlet Eliminator participants)
- Pete Dunne vs. Kushida
TakeOver: Stand & Deliver night two (Thursday, April 8) --
- NXT Champion Finn Balor defends against Karrion Kross
- Unsanctioned match: Adam Cole vs. Kyle O'Reilly
- Ladder match to determine undisputed NXT Cruiserweight Champion: Jordan Devlin vs. Santos Escobar
- NXT North American Champion Johnny Gargano defends against the winner of the Gauntlet Eliminator match from night one
- NXT Women's Tag Team Champions Shotzi Blackheart & Ember Moon defend against Candice LeRae & Indi Hartwell