The first round of the 2022 women's Dusty Rhodes Tag Team Classic is officially set to conclude on tonight's NXT.
WWE has announced that the final two first-round matches in the women's Dusty Classic will be taking place on NXT tonight. The matches are: Raquel Gonzalez & Cora Jade vs. Yulisa Leon & Valentina Feroz and Wendy Choo & Dakota Kai vs. Indi Hartwell & Persia Pirotta.
The tournament began with Io Shirai & Kay Lee Ray defeating Amari Miller & Lash Legend and Kayden Carter & Kacy Catanzaro defeating Ivy Nile & Tatum Paxley last week.
Shirai & KLR will face Carter & Catanzaro in the semifinals of the tournament. The winners of tonight's matches will also meet in the semifinals.
The team that wins the women's Dusty Classic will get an NXT Women's Tag Team title shot against champions Toxic Attraction (Gigi Dolin & Jacy Jayne).
It's also been announced that Bron Breakker & Tommaso Ciampa vs. Dolph Ziggler & Robert Roode will be kicking off tonight's NXT. Here's the updated lineup for the episode:
- NXT North American Champion Carmelo Hayes defends against Pete Dunne
- Solo Sikoa vs. Gunther
- Andre Chase vs. Von Wagner
- Women's Dusty Classic first-round match: Raquel Gonzalez & Cora Jade vs. Yulisa Leon & Valentina Feroz
- Women's Dusty Classic first-round match: Wendy Choo & Dakota Kai vs. Indi Hartwell & Persia Pirotta
- Harland vs. Draco Anthony
- NXT Champion Bron Breakker & Tommaso Ciampa vs. Dolph Ziggler & Robert Roode