Vince McMahon and Bruce Prichard will be behind big decisions going forward with NXT.
Bryan Alvarez reported on today’s Wrestling Observer Live that NXT will be a McMahon-Prichard production when the brand returns to live shows. Additionally, Dave Meltzer reports that McMahon and Prichard will be behind the big decisions, not the little ones, and will be behind marketing, promotion, and direction. Their role in booking may only be regarding those at the top.
"It's gonna be like the old NXT," Alvarez said on Wrestling Observer Live. "I have heard from several people now that when they go back to live shows, this is going to be a McMahon-Prichard production."
WWE President Nick Khan noted in an interview last month that NXT will be heading into a new direction.
“We're doing a complete revamp on NXT, led by Triple H, Paul Levesque, who is really one of the architects of the original NXT," Khan told Ariel Helwani. “In terms of an NXT rebrand, look for it in the next couple of weeks. It's gonna have a whole new look, it's gonna have a whole new feel."
In the last week, WWE has been pushing NXT with a new, more colorful logo. Next week’s show is taped, but will return live on September 14 with a wedding between Dexter Lumis and Indi Hartwell.