Skip to main content

Matt Rehwoldt says he's been ‘completely ghosted’ by WES

Rehwoldt had been booked as a commentator on the promotion's debut show.
FTJcGddUUAwC5UZ.jpg-large

Matt Rehwoldt doubts the inaugural Wrestling Entertainment Series show will happen. 

WES originally scheduled its debut event for June 4 and announced Rehwoldt would be on commentary for the show. They later pushed the date back to July 9, however, and Rehwoldt posted to social media to say he had another booking that weekend. 

On Saturday, Rehwoldt said WES offered to pay him upfront in order to perform on the show and he then canceled his conflicting booking. Now Rehwoldt is stating that he's received no communication or travel arrangements from WES. 

"So @wesofficialtv has cost me time and now cost me income," he wrote on Twitter. "I was asked to be on this show but had a conflicting booking. I was told they really wanted me and would pay me upfront. So as they were former colleagues I took them at their word and passed on my other booking." 

"And since I have been completely ghosted. Zero communication. I have friends booked for the show and luckily some of them have been paid already but I doubt the show will happen. No travel, hotel, or any pertinent information has been shared with anyone I know."

"Now I’m also out a weekend or income due to them. Part of that is on me as I chose to forgo my other date… But as I said I was told repeatedly that “for sure“ this was happening and they wanted me to be there. I would be wary of buying a ticket or the broadcast of this show."

Jonathan Coachman and Tom Hannifan have also been announced for the show. 

WES has yet to respond to Rehwoldt's comments.