Matt Cardona and Dirty Dango made their NWA debuts at tonight's Hard Times 2 pay-per-view.
Following the Trevor Murdoch vs. Mike Knox NWA Worlds Heavyweight Championship match main event that saw Murdoch retain the title, Cardona entered and aligned with Knox. As Mick Foley appeared to chastise Cardona, The Pope rushed out to attack Cardona. Cardona and Knox left Murdoch and Pope laying, then Cardona posed with Murdoch's title belt.
Earlier in the evening, Dirty Dango made his presence known and aligned with JTG following a World Tag Team title match between La Rebelion and The End. La Rebelion (Bestia 666 and Mecha Wolf) retained the Tag titles, then Dango and JTG appeared to assert themselves as the next challengers for the NWA Tag belts.
Other notes from the show:
- Regarding the sparse crowd, we were told that the capacity was restricted to 90 as a result of a Georgia government mandate. The show was held at GBS Studios, a public television facility funded by the state government.
- Homicide and Austin Aries both won qualifying matches for the NWA Junior Heavyweight Championship four-way match to be held at the next pay-per-view.
All the title holders retained in the night's eight championship matches --
- The Hex retained the Women's Tag titles by defeating Kylie Rae & Tootie Lynn, Missa Kate & Natalia Markova, and Jennacide & Paulo Blaze.
- Matt Taven and Mike Bennett retained the ROH Tag titles and will take on The Briscoes at ROH Final Battle.
- Mickie James retained the Impact Knockouts Championship with a win over Kiera Hogan.
- Tyrus retained the NWA Television title with a win over Cyon.
- Chris Adonis defeated Judais to keep the NWA National Championship.
- La Rebelion defeated The End to retain the NWA Tag titles.
- Kamille defeated Melina to retain the NWA World Women's Championship.
- Trevor Murdoch defeated Mike Knox to retain the NWA Worlds Heavyweight Championship.
Our full live results post for Hard Times 2 can be found here.