Tony Khan says Mance Warner wasn’t pulled from independent date by AEW
Update:
Mance Warner has since wrote on social media that AEW did not ask him to pull out of this show, saying his rate was never agreed upon.
“Want to clarify this situation. AEW did not ask me to pull out of this show. my rate was never agreed upon. I sent $400 to the promoter to cover the flight costs. I am sorry to any fans who were looking forward to seeing me at AAW. With transparency, I made a decision to withdraw from the show to avoid any % chance of travel issues or any fuck ups ruining a big opportunity. I hope y’all can understand,” he wrote.
Original story:
Tony Khan is disputing a promotion that says Mance Warner was pulled from their show by AEW.
AAW Wrestling initally announced on Friday that Warner had been pulled from their event set for Friday night in Merrionette Park, Illinois.
“Mance Warner will unfortunately NOT be appearing at #AAWHomecoming per AEW’s request,” they wrote on social media. “We are immediately restructuring the show accordingly and will announce updates as soon as possible.”
Soon after, however, Tony Khan said that Warner was free to do the show.
“That’s the first that I’ve heard of this, and it’s the first time anyone in AEW’s office has heard of it.
He is welcome to do your show,” he wrote.
AEW Double or Nothing is this weekend
The news comes as AEW’s Double or Nothing event is set to take place in Queens, New York. While Warner hasn’t appeared on AEW television for some time, he has made appearances in Ring of Honor as recently as the tapings that took place on May 18.
Warner and his wife Steph De Lander made news back in March when they abruptly quit TNA. De Lander said it was due to TNA’s medical team not clearing her to return to in-ring action, despite De Lander saying that her neck was “100% healed” after undergoing neck fusion surgery the year prior. Both have since made appearances for GCW and other independent promotions.