With the show now under two weeks away, AEW has added a couple of matches to the card for Double or Nothing.
During this week's episode of Being the Elite, two tag matches were announced for Double or Nothing. Best Friends (Trent Barreta & Chuck Taylor) will face Angelico & Jack Evans, while Aja Kong, Yuka Sakazaki & Emi Sakura will team against Hikaru Shida, Riho & Ryo Mizunami in a six-woman tag match.
Angelico & Evans joining AEW was revealed last week. Best Friends had been involved in a storyline where they were refusing to be in the battle royal at Double or Nothing and demanding to be in a different match.
Dave Meltzer reported in the most recent edition of the Wrestling Observer Newsletter that Riho has signed a five-show deal with AEW and wants to see how she likes working in the United States before she commits to a longer deal. Aja Kong and Sakazaki were announced for Double or Nothing at February's ticket announcement party, while Shida signing with AEW was confirmed in April.
Double or Nothing is taking place at the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas on Saturday, May 25. Here's the updated card:
- Kenny Omega vs. Chris Jericho
- AAA Tag Team Champions The Young Bucks defending against The Lucha Bros (Pentagon Jr. & Fenix)
- Cody vs. Dustin Rhodes
- Hangman Page vs. PAC
- Dr. Britt Baker vs. Nyla Rose vs. Kylie Rae
- SoCal Uncensored (Christopher Daniels, Frankie Kazarian & Scorpio Sky) vs. Strong Hearts (CIMA, T-Hawk & El Lindaman)
- Aja Kong, Yuka Sakazaki & Emi Sakura vs. Hikaru Shida, Riho & Ryo Mizunami
- Best Friends (Trent Barreta & Chuck Taylor) vs. Angelico & Jack Evans
- Casino Battle Royale (pre-show, winner gets a title shot against the AEW World Champion)
- Sammy Guevara vs. Kip Sabian (pre-show)