Sean “X-Pac” Waltman has challenged Joey Janela to a match at GCW's Spring Break 6 event during WrestleMania weekend.
Waltman issued the challenge on tonight’s GCW The Coldest Winter from Los Angeles. Janela kicked off tonight’s show with an in-ring promo explaining his actions, saying that he doesn't get enough credit for being unselfish in GCW. Waltman then confronted him and challenged him to the match for the first night of Spring Break.
One night earlier, Janela and Waltman teamed together and defeated Brian Myers and Matt Cardona. Waltman spoke to the crowd after and said that it had been his final match. As Waltman was still speaking, Janela superkicked him, turning against his partner in a show-closing angle.
The first night of the two-part event is scheduled for March 31st from Fair Park in Dallas, Texas. The following night, Spring Break 6 Part 2, will take place from the same venue.
Also on tonight's show, Mance Warner issued a challenge to GCW Tag Team Champions Nick Gage and Matt Tremont on behalf of himself and Matthew Justice. Warner hasn’t wrestled since undergoing surgery to repair a broken tibia and a broken fibula last November. Warner said he doesn’t want the match to take place at Spring Break, however, but rather at GCW Astronaut on March 12th from Atlanta.
They also announced a show from the Roxy Theater in Los Angeles on March 24th.
Results from GCW The Coldest Winter are below:
- Ninja Mack defeated Jack Cartwheel
- Jordan Oliver defeated Dark Sheik
- Thunder Rosa defeated Tony Deppen
- Jimmy Lloyd defeated Alex Zayn in a Do or Die Deathmatch
- Bussy (Effy & Allie Katch) & The Second Gear Crew (AJ Gray & Matthew Justice) defeated Team LA Fights
- Kevin Blackwood defeated Grim Reefer
- Gringo Loco defeated Mascara Dorada
- Blake Christian defeated "Speedball" Mike Bailey