With Clark Connors out of action due to injury, a change has been made to the card for Ric Flair's Last Match.
It was announced yesterday that a singles match between NJPW's Ren Narita and Yuya Uemura is now set for the Ric Flair's Last Match pay-per-view. Narita was originally supposed to face Connors at the PPV, but Connors has sustained a herniated disc in his back and isn't currently able to wrestle.
Connors is also unable to wrestle at today's NJPW Strong High Alert tapings and at NJPW Music City Mayhem this Saturday.
"Sorry to all the fans out there," Connors tweeted. "I have dealt with herniation issues for the past 8 years or so, but this one is different. Those who know me know that to miss a week like this, you would darn near have to kill me. And that is about the case right now."
Ric Flair's Last Match is taking place next Sunday (July 31) as part of Starrcast V in Nashville, Tennessee. The Last Match PPV, which will air live on Fite TV, is being held at the Nashville Municipal Auditorium.
Here's the updated Ric Flair's Last Match card:
- Ric Flair & Andrade El Idolo vs. Jeff Jarrett & Jay Lethal (w/ Karen Jarrett)
- Impact World Champion Josh Alexander defends against Jacob Fatu
- Impact Knockouts Champion Jordynne Grace defends against Deonna Purrazzo and Rachael Ellering in a three-way match
- Ricky & Kerry Morton (w/ Robert Gibson) vs. Brian Pillman Jr. & Brock Anderson (w/ Arn Anderson).
- Rey Fenix vs. Laredo Kid vs. Taurus vs. Bandido
- The Wolves (Davey Richards & Eddie Edwards) vs. Motor City Machine Guns (Alex Shelley & Chris Sabin)
- Killer Kross (w/ Scarlett Bordeaux) vs. Davey Boy Smith Jr.
- Ren Narita vs. Yuya Uemura
- The Von Erichs (Marshall & Ross Von Erich) vs. The Briscoes (Jay & Mark Briscoe)
- Jonathan Gresham vs. Nick Wayne vs. Alan Angels vs. Konosuke Takeshita
- Bunkhouse Battle Royal