Jonathan Gresham and Silas Young will be facing off in a Pure Rules match at ROH's Best in the World pay-per-view.
ROH wrote about the stipulation: "the emphasis is on technical wrestling, and any bending of the rules will not be tolerated by the referee."
During their feud, Young has been mocking Gresham and technical wrestling. On this week's episode of ROH TV, Young claimed that he's turned over a new leaf, said the days of taking shortcuts are over, and called himself the best pure wrestler in the business. He then used an abdominal stretch to submit a wrestler he brought out who was named "The Squid."
Young used a hammer in his last match against Gresham and then won with an abdominal stretch while Gresham was passed out. In their match before that, Young pinned Gresham after giving him a low blow.
The UMBC Event Center in Baltimore, Maryland is hosting Best in the World on Friday, June 28. Here's the updated card for the show:
- ROH World Champion Matt Taven defending against Jeff Cobb
- ROH Television Champion Shane Taylor defending against Bandido
- The Briscoes vs. Nick Aldis & Colt Cabana
- Rush vs. Flip Gordon
- Dragon Lee vs. Dalton Castle
- Jonathan Gresham vs. Silas Young in a Pure Rules match