ROH has added a new title match to the card for Final Battle.
Josh Woods will defend his ROH Pure Championship against Brian Johnson at Final Battle, which takes place at Chesapeake Employers Insurance Arena in Baltimore on Saturday, December 11. The pay-per-view will mark an end of an era for ROH as the promotion then goes on hiatus to "reimagine" the company in the first quarter of 2022. ROH talent won't have their contracts renewed after Final Battle.
Woods won the Pure title from Jonathan Gresham at Death Before Dishonor this September. Gresham, who moved to the World Championship division after losing the Pure title, will challenge for Bandido's ROH World Championship in the main event of Final Battle.
Johnson defeated John Walters in a Pure Rules match on the latest episode of ROH TV. ROH is hyping up Johnson's match against Woods at Final Battle as one of the dirtiest wrestlers in the promotion challenging for the Pure wrestling title.
The updated card for Final Battle is listed below:
- ROH World Champion Bandido defends against Jonathan Gresham
- ROH Women's Champion Rok-C defends against Willow Nightingale or Mandy Leon (Willow and Leon will face off in a number one contender's match on the Saturday, December 4 episode of ROH TV)
- ROH Tag Team Champions The OGK (Matt Taven & Mike Bennett) defend against The Briscoes (Jay & Mark Briscoe)
- ROH Pure Champion Josh Woods defends against Brian Johnson
- Shane Taylor vs. Kenny King
- Shane Taylor Promotions (Moses, Kaun & O'Shay Edwards) will defend the ROH Six-Man Tag Team titles
ROH has also announced that, during the week leading into Final Battle, they'll be uploading Road to Final Battle matches on their YouTube channel each day. Those matches are:
- Monday, December 6: Jonathan Gresham vs. Dragon Lee
- Tuesday, December 7: ROH Television Champion Dalton Castle & Dak Draper vs. PJ Black & Flip Gordon
- Wednesday, December 8: Caprice Coleman vs. Beer City Bruiser
- Thursday, December 9: ROH Six-Man Tag Team Champions Shane Taylor Promotions (Shane Taylor, Moses & Kaun) defend against Violence Unlimited (Homicide, Chris Dickinson & Tony Deppen)
- Friday, December 10: EC3 vs. Demonic Flamita