Late Monday night, UFC officially announced Eddie Alvarez vs. Conor McGregor for the UFC lightweight title as the main event of UFC 205 in Madison Square Garden on November 12th.
Early Tuesday morning, UFC president Dana White confirmed on the Boomer & Carton radio show that Chris Weidman vs. Yoel Romero has also been signed for the show which should complete the entire card. This is Weidman's first fight since losing the middleweight title to Luke Rockhold earlier this year.
This will be the most loaded show that McGregor has ever headlined with the story that he will attempt to become the first fighter to win UFC championships in two weight classes at the same time.
Just last week, Alvarez turned down a match with Khabib Nurmagomedov. UFC announced that McGregor was injured and wouldn't be able to return in time for an MSG fight. Shortly after that announcement, however, McGregor said he would be available and wanted the Alvarez fight.
UFC is holding a press conference in Madison Square Garden Tuesday at 6 PM EST where McGregor, Alvarez, Weidman, and more are expected. We'll have that for you here on the site.
The entire card as it stands now:
- UFC Lightweight Champion Eddie Alvarez vs. UFC Featherweight Champion Conor McGregor
- UFC Welterweight Champion Tyron Woodley vs. Stephen "Wonderboy" Thompson
- UFC Women's Strawweight Champion Joanna Jedrzejczyk vs. Karolina Kowalkiewicz
- Donald Cerrone vs. Kelvin Gastelum
- Miesha Tate vs. Raquel Pennington
- Frankie Edgar vs. Jeremy Stephens
- Rashad Evans vs. Tim Kennedy
- Liz Carmouche vs. Katlyn Chookagian
- Tim Boetsch vs. Rafael Natal
Predicted Fight Pass:
- Jim Miller vs. Thiago Alves
- Gian Villante vs. Marcos Rogerio de Lima
- Belal Muhammad vs. Lyman Good