UFC 211 lost its second fight when Jared Gordon was hospitalized this morning before weigh-ins and taken off the card.
Gordon wrote on Facebook: "Unfortunately, I will not be fighting tomorrow. Everything was going smooth last night when I turned sick at about 8-9 p.m. I was experiencing food poison symptoms. I was admitted to the hospital, alongside UFC's doctor, I was advised to use an IV by both ER and UFC's doctor which would make me ineligible to fight because of USADA's rules. I'm extremely sorry to everyone who were going to attend and/or watch. Just another bump in the road."
Gordon was scheduled to face Michel Quinones on what would have been the FX portion of the show.
For the main event UFC heavyweight title match, both men weighed almost identical as champion Stipe Miocic weighed in this morning at 246 pounds and challenger Junior Dos Santos came in at 245.
The show will now start at 6:30 p.m. Eastern time and have 12 fights. Originally it was to be a 14 match show, the biggest in UFC history, and scheduled to be as long as eight hours. It still could end up being a seven hour show.
The Sergio Pettis vs. Henry Cejudo PPV fight ended up being pulled earlier in the week when Cejudo suffered a hand injury.
The weigh-in results were:
- Joachim Christensen (204.5) vs. Gadzhimurad Antigulov (204)
- Gabriel Benitez (145.5) vs. Enrique Barzola (146)
- Chase Sherman (250) vs. Rashad Coulter (241)
- Jessica Aguilar (115) vs. Cortney Casey (116)
- James Vick (156) vs. Marco Polo Reyes (154)
- Chas Skelly (146) vs. Jason Knight (146)
- Eddie Alvarez (156) vs. Dustin Poirier (156)
- Krzysztof Jotko (185) vs. David Branch (185)
- Frankie Edgar (145.5) vs. Yair Rodriguez (146)
- Demian Maia (170.5) vs. Jorge Masvidal (171)
- Joanna Jedrzejczyk (115) vs. Jessica Andrade (114.5) for the women's strawweight title
- Stipe Miocic (246) vs. Junior Dos Santos (245) for the heavyweight championship