Sami Zayn and Johnny Knoxville at WrestleMania will now be a ‘anything goes’ match.
On tonight’s SmackDown, Zayn was upset that he did not regain the Intercontinental title from Ricochet on last week's SmackDown. He blamed Knoxville for losing the title and promised he would show Knoxville what it means to step into his world. He challenged Knoxville to a ‘anything goes’ match.
Knoxville later appeared in a video to issue a response. He mentioned fighting Butterbean once, as well as strapping himself to a rocket. He eventually accepted Zayn’s challenge.
Here is the current lineup for WrestleMania 38, which takes place on April 2 and 3:
Night one (Saturday, April 2) --
- SmackDown Women's Champion Charlotte Flair defends against Ronda Rousey
- Raw Women's Champion Becky Lynch defends against Bianca Belair
- The KO Show with "Stone Cold" Steve Austin
- Rey & Dominik Mysterio vs. The Miz & Logan Paul
- Drew McIntyre vs. Happy Corbin
- SmackDown Tag Team Champions The Usos defend against Shinsuke Nakamura & Rick Boogs
Night two (Sunday, April 3) --
- Winner-take-all championship unification match: WWE Champion Brock Lesnar vs. Universal Champion Roman Reigns
- Pat McAfee vs. Austin Theory
- Sami Zayn vs. Johnny Knoxville in a ‘anything goes’ match
- AJ Styles vs. Edge
- WWE Women's Tag Team Champions Queen Zelina & Carmella defend against Sasha Banks & Naomi, Rhea Ripley & Liv Morgan, and Natalya & Shayna Baszler in a fatal four way match