Shane McMahon & The Miz are set to challenge for the SmackDown Tag Team titles.
It was announced on this week's SmackDown that The Bar (Cesaro & Sheamus) will defend their titles against Shane & The Miz at the Royal Rumble. That was set up after Cesaro & Sheamus defeated The Usos in a non-title match. The Miz issued a challenge to Cesaro & Sheamus in a post-match angle, and he was laid out by a Brogue Kick from Sheamus before Cesaro accepted the challenge.
The Usos would have gotten a title shot if they defeated Cesaro & Sheamus. Mandy Rose distracted Jimmy Uso near the end of the match.
The storyline for Shane and Miz is that Miz has been trying to get Shane to be his tag team partner since the World Cup tournament at Crown Jewel. Shane finally agreed to it two weeks ago, with Miz saying that he wants to team with Shane to make his father proud. Miz said his father told him that Miz & Shane would be the best tag team in the world.
Royal Rumble 2019 is taking place at Chase Field in Phoenix, Arizona on January 27. Here's the updated card for the pay-per-view:
- Women's Royal Rumble match
- Men's Royal Rumble match
- Universal Champion Brock Lesnar defending against Braun Strowman
- WWE Champion Daniel Bryan defending against AJ Styles
- Raw Women's Champion Ronda Rousey defending against Sasha Banks
- SmackDown Women's Champion Asuka defending against Becky Lynch
- SmackDown Tag Team Champions Cesaro & Sheamus defending against Shane McMahon & The Miz
- WWE Cruiserweight Champion Buddy Murphy defending against Kalisto, Akira Tozawa, and the winner of Cedric Alexander vs. Hideo Itami (airing on this week's 205 Live) in a fatal four-way match