Becky Lynch will have two title defenses at next month's Money in the Bank pay-per-view.
On tonight's SmackDown, it was announced that Lynch will defend the SmackDown Women's Championship against Charlotte Flair at Money in the Bank. Charlotte defeated Bayley in a number one contender's match to get the title shot.
Lynch holds both the Raw and SmackDown Women's Championships and will defend the Raw title against Lacey Evans at Money in the Bank.
Lynch and Charlotte took part in a face-to-face segment on this week's SmackDown, with it being the first time they've shared the ring since Lynch defeated Ronda Rousey and Charlotte in the main event of WrestleMania 35. Charlotte said Lynch pinned Rousey at WrestleMania, which means that she didn't beat Charlotte. Lynch said she's defeated Charlotte more times than she can count and wanted to prove that she could beat Rousey.
The segment led to Charlotte and Bayley both wanting to be next in line for a title shot. After Charlotte won the number one contender's match, Lynch did a backstage interview and said she would have two defenses matches at Money in the Bank.
The XL Center in Hartford, Connecticut is hosting Money in the Bank on May 19. Here's the updated card for the show:
- Universal Champion Seth Rollins defending against AJ Styles
- Raw & SmackDown Women's Champion Becky Lynch defending the SmackDown title against Charlotte Flair
- Raw & SmackDown Women's Champion Becky Lynch defending the Raw title against Lacey Evans
- Roman Reigns vs. Elias
- Men's Money in the Bank ladder match
- Women's Money in the Bank ladder match