Bobby Lashley is no longer being advertised for WWE's upcoming Madison Square Garden event.
WWE Live: Road to WrestleMania is set for Madison Square Garden on Saturday, March 5, a show that was originally advertised as being headlined by Brock Lesnar defending the WWE Championship against Lashley. The advertising has been changed to simply state that Lesnar will defend the WWE title on the show, with all references to Lashley removed.
Lashley, 45, suffered a shoulder injury in his Royal Rumble match against Lesnar on January 29. His only match since was at Elimination Chamber on February 19, where an angle was shot to quickly take him out of the match. In storyline, it was explained as "concussion protocol."
Dave Meltzer reported on Monday that Lashley was visiting Birmingham, Alabama to have the shoulder injury examined, likely at the world-renowned Andrews Sports Medicine & Orthopedic Center. If the injury required surgery, Lashley would be expected to miss months of action.
The Road to WrestleMania show at MSG is a dual-branded house show. The current advertised lineup:
- Brock Lesnar will defend the WWE Championship
- Roman Reigns will defend the WWE Universal Championship
- Raw Women's Championship: Becky Lynch (c) vs. Bianca Belair vs. Rhea Ripley
- Ronda Rousey & Naomi vs. Charlotte Flair & Sonya Deville
- SmackDown Tag Team Championship: The Usos (c) vs. Big E & Kofi Kingston
- Seth “Freakin” Rollins appears
- Drew McIntyre appears
- AJ Styles appears
- RK-Bro appears
- Sasha Banks appears