Carmella has replaced Rhea Ripley in the Raw Women’s Title match for Money in the Bank.
Bianca Belair opened tonight’s Raw to announce that Rhea Ripley would not be medically cleared for Money in the Bank, and was out of the match as a result. Becky Lynch, Asuka, Carmella, Liv Morgan, and Alexa Bliss all came out to make their case regarding who should replace Ripley. This led to a five-way match. The finish had Bliss miss the twisted bliss after Morgan got her knees up. However, as he got up, Carmella hit a superkick to win the match.
Ripley hasn’t wrestled since the June 6 edition of Raw, where he defeated Bliss, Morgan, and Doudrop in a fatal four-way match to become the number one contender for the Raw Women’s title. As recently as last week, she had been on Raw promoting the match.
Here’s the updated lineup for Money in the Bank, which takes place July 2 at the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas:
- Bianca Belair vs. Carmella for the Raw Women’s Championship
- Theory vs. Bobby Lashley for the WWE United States title
- Men’s Money in the Bank ladder match (Seth Rollins, Drew McIntyre, Sheamus, and Omos have qualified thus far)
- Women’s Money in the Bank ladder match (Lacey Evans, Alexa Bliss, Asuka, and Liv Morgan have qualified thus far)
- The Usos vs. The Street Profits for the Undisputed WWE Tag Team Championship
- Ronda Rousey vs. Natalya for the SmackDown Women’s Championship