One half of the finals for WWE's Cruiserweight Championship tournament were set on this week's episode of 205 Live.
Cedric Alexander defeated Roderick Strong last night to advance to the tournament finals at WrestleMania on April 8th. After both got near falls with their finishers when their opponent caused a rope break, Alexander caught Strong in a small package for the pin. Alexander then cut an emotional post-match promo about wanting to become a champion for his daughter.
With Strong now eliminated, the finals will feature two wrestlers who were on the 205 Live roster prior to the tournament starting and Triple H taking over as showrunner. Mustafa Ali will face Drew Gulak in a semifinal match next week to decide Alexander's opponent for WrestleMania.
Here's the updated WrestleMania card:
- Universal Champion Brock Lesnar defending against Roman Reigns
- WWE Champion AJ Styles defending against Shinsuke Nakamura
- Ronda Rousey & Kurt Angle vs. Stephanie McMahon & Triple H
- SmackDown Women's Champion Charlotte Flair defending against Asuka
- Intercontinental Champion The Miz defending against Seth Rollins and Finn Balor in a triple threat match
- Raw Tag Team Champions Cesaro & Sheamus defending against Braun Strowman (either in a handicap or tag match)
- Cedric Alexander vs. either Mustafa Ali or Drew Gulak in the Cruiserweight Championship tournament finals
- The Fabulous Moolah Memorial Battle Royal (featuring wrestlers from Raw, SmackDown, and NXT)