Charlotte Flair vs. Becky Lynch is official for this month's pay-per-view, but it wasn't announced as taking place inside Hell in a Cell.
Charlotte defending her SmackDown Women's Championship against Lynch was officially added to the card for the Hell in a Cell PPV tonight. While WWE had been teasing it as taking place inside the cell as Charlotte and Lynch went back and forth on Twitter yesterday, that wasn't mentioned during the announcement.
Roman Reigns vs. Braun Strowman for the Universal Championship and Randy Orton vs. Jeff Hardy have been announced as Hell in a Cell matches for the PPV.
Lynch challenged Charlotte to the title match after attacking her on SmackDown last week. On tonight's show, they furthered their storyline during a split-screen interview with Tom Phillips. Lynch vowed to take the title from Charlotte, while Charlotte asked what Lynch's excuse will be when she loses this time.
Hell in a Cell is taking place at the AT&T Center in San Antonio, Texas on September 16. Here's the updated card:
- Universal Champion Roman Reigns defending against Braun Strowman in a Hell in a Cell match
- WWE Champion AJ Styles defending against Samoa Joe
- Raw Women's Champion Ronda Rousey defending against Alexa Bliss
- SmackDown Women's Champion Charlotte Flair defending against Becky Lynch
- Randy Orton vs. Jeff Hardy in a Hell in a Cell match
- Daniel Bryan & Brie Bella vs. The Miz & Maryse
- SmackDown Tag Team Champions The New Day defending against the winners of next week's number one contender's match (Cesaro & Sheamus vs. Rusev & Aiden English)