fAs expected, Charlotte Flair and Trish Stratus will be facing off at SummerSlam.
Charlotte vs. Stratus was officially confirmed for SummerSlam during Stratus' appearance on this week's SmackDown. Charlotte interrupted Jerry Lawler's King's Court segment with Stratus. Charlotte insulted Stratus and issued a challenge for the pay-per-view, which Stratus accepted.
During a backstage interview on SmackDown last week, Charlotte called herself the "Queen of All Eras," demanded a match at SummerSlam, and said she's going to prove why she's the greatest women's wrestler of all time. It was then confirmed that Charlotte vs. Stratus was planned for the pay-per-view.
This will be Stratus' first match since the night after Evolution last October.
SummerSlam is taking place at the Scotiabank Arena in Stratus' hometown of Toronto, Ontario, Canada on August 11. Here's the updated card for the pay-per-view:
- Universal Champion Brock Lesnar defending against Seth Rollins
- Raw Women's Champion Becky Lynch defending against Natalya
- WWE Champion Kofi Kingston defending against Randy Orton
- SmackDown Women's Champion Bayley defending against Ember Moon
- Charlotte Flair vs. Trish Stratus
- Kevin Owens vs. Shane McMahon (Owens will "quit WWE" if he loses)
- "The Fiend" Bray Wyatt vs. Finn Balor
- United States Champion AJ Styles defending against Ricochet