Another one of WrestleMania's key matches is officially in place.
It was announced on tonight's SmackDown that John Cena & Nikki Bella would face The Miz & Maryse in a mixed tag team match at WrestleMania. That match had been expected for weeks and Dave Meltzer reported it was the plan in the February 6th edition of the Wrestling Observer Newsletter.
Miz and Maryse continued to verbally attack Cena and Bella on SmackDown before the announcement, which brought the faces out to the ring. Daniel Bryan then made the match after Miz and Maryse tried to back away from confrontation.
There are now nine matches set for WrestleMania 33. The updated card for the show, which will take place on April 2nd in Orlando, Florida, is:
- Universal Champion Goldberg defending against Brock Lesnar
- WWE Champion Bray Wyatt defending against Randy Orton
- The Undertaker vs. Roman Reigns
- John Cena & Nikki Bella vs. The Miz & Maryse
- Raw Women's Champion Bayley defending against Sasha Banks and Charlotte Flair in a triple threat match
- SmackDown Women's Champion Alexa Bliss defending against every available woman on the SmackDown roster
- United States Champion Chris Jericho defending against Kevin Owens
- Raw Tag Team Champions Luke Gallows & Karl Anderson defending against Enzo Amore & Big Cass and Cesaro & Sheamus in a triple threat match
- The 2017 Andre the Giant Memorial Battle Royal