A match for the SmackDown Women’s Championship has been added to SummerSlam.
Liv Morgan will defend the title against former champion Ronda Rousey. On tonight’s SmackDown, Morgan came out for a promo when she was confronted by Natalya, who said if it wasn’t for her injuring Rousey’s leg at Money in the Bank, Morgan wouldn’t be champion. This brought out Rousey, who eventually got in a confrontation with Natalya. The two had a match, with Rousey scoring a quick win.
At Money in the Bank, Rousey submitted Natalya to retain the SmackDown Women’s Championship. However, she was injured during the course of the match, leaving her vulnerable. Morgan, who won the women’s Money in the Bank match earlier in the show, came out with the briefcase and cashed in on Rousey, pinning her to win the title for the first time.
The updated card for WWE SummerSlam, which takes place July 30 in Nashville, Tennessee:
- Last Man Standing match: Undisputed WWE Universal Champion Roman Reigns defends against Brock Lesnar
- SmackDown Women's Champion Liv Morgan defends against Ronda Rousey
- Pat McAfee vs. Happy Corbin
- United States Champion Bobby Lashley defends against Theory
- Undisputed WWE Tag Team Champions The Usos (Jimmy & Jey Uso) defend against The Street Profits (Angelo Dawkins & Montez Ford)