New details emerge on Ludwig Kaiser battery arrest
New details have emerged regarding the arrest of WWE star Ludwig Kaiser (Marcel Barthel).
It was first reported on Wednesday night that Kaiser had been arrested in Orange County, Florida on May 20 on charges of battery. According to arrest records, the incident took place on April 24 at the Orlando apartment complex Kaiser lives at. The alleged victim is identified as a fellow male resident, who accuses Kaiser of attacking him outside of an elevator. The attack is said to have happened after Kaiser and a female were acting “uncontrollably intimate” by aggressively kissing in the elevator. The victim says he told them to “please have some manners,” leading to the attack.
The affidavit says:
- [The victim] stated he was battered by an unknown white male just outside the elevator on the 12th floor. [The victim] advised that at approximately 1830 hours, he entered the elevator and was followed by an unknown white male and an unknown white female. [The victim] stated that as the elevator ascended, the male and female began acting in an ‘uncontrollably intimate’ manner, which he described as aggressively kissing.
- [The victim] stated that once the elevator reached the 12th floor, he exited the elevator and told the couple to ‘please have some manners.’ [The victim] advised that immediately after making the statement, the unknown male began attacking him. [The victim] described the attack as the male punching him multiple times and pushing him to the ground. [The victim] further stated the male made threats of additional violence toward him.
A responding officer observed a “large, fresh scratch” on the victim’s head and redness in the same area. Security footage was obtained showing a white male punching and pushing the victim outside of the elevator. Kaiser was identified as a possible suspect, and the victim immediately pointed to him as the attacker when presented with a photographic lineup of six individuals.
Per the terms of his bond, Kaiser cannot have any contact with the victim and cannot possess a firearm, consume alcohol to intoxication, or possess drug paraphernalia/controlled substances unless they are prescribed. He must also maintain separate residences from the victim.
Motion to continue traveling for WWE —
Kaiser became aware of the warrant on May 19 while in Mexico for WWE/AAA. He made plans to return to Orlando the next day and turn himself in. He was released on $1,000 bond and maintains his innocence in the case. With that, he has filed a motion requesting that he be allowed to continue traveling both domestically and internationally:
- Mr. Barthel is an international performer who is required to travel throughout the United States and around the world to remain employed. His primary residence is the apartment complex in downtown Orlando where the alleged incident occurred.
- Mr. Barthel has no prior criminal history anywhere in the world and is not a danger to others. He maintains his innocence and has retained undersigned counsel to assist him in this matter. He has every intention of appearing at all required court appearances related to these allegations.
- Wherefore, for the foregoing reasons, the Defendant respectfully requests this Honorable Court to enter an Order allowing him to travel out of the State of Florida and internationally.
The 35-year-old Kaiser, who is originally from Germany, has a highly anticipated mask vs. mask match scheduled for AAA Noche de los Grandes on May 30. It will be El Grande Americano (Kaiser) facing off against Original El Grande Americano (Chad Gable).