Submitted by Liam Renner
NXT's house show in Bel Air, Maryland on Saturday night included some matches that were taped for television. It appeared that a submission match between Kushida and Drew Gulak, Undisputed Era vs. Oney Lorcan & Danny Burch, and Io Shirai & Candice LeRae vs. Marina Shafir & Jessamyn Duke were all taped for TV.
- The Street Profits (Angelo Dawkins & Montez Ford) defeated The Outliers (Dan Matha & Riddick Moss) w/ Robert Strauss
Good opener. The Street Profits were super over.
- Adam Cole and Velveteen Dream (who got a huge reaction) cut promos on the video screen letting us know that the main event was a triple threat for the North American Championship with those two and Matt Riddle.
- Punishment Martinez defeated Keith Lee
Both men were over, but the crowd liked Lee more. Very good match. They did tons of big moves, including a deadlift superplex from Lee to Martinez for a huge near fall.
The finish came when they exchanged strikes back and forth and both fell down at the same time, with Martinez falling on top of Lee for the pin.
- NXT Women's Champion Shayna Baszler defeated Kacy Catanzaro to retain her title
This was really good. Baszler probably took 90 percent of the match, but she sold her ass off for all of Catanzaro's offense and they got a good near fall when Catanzaro hit a top rope hurricanrana.
Catanzaro turned Baszler's choke into a pin, but Baszler kicked out and then put the choke back on and won.
- Kushida defeated Drew Gulak in a submission match
With there being no pinfalls and no traditional near falls, this was a fun and unique match. It was really good.
They went back and forth, with the match ending when Kushida won with the Hoverboard Lock.
- Danny Burch & Oney Lorcan defeated Undisputed Era (Roderick Strong & Kyle O’Reilly)
Bobby Fish came out on the stage with Strong and O'Reilly and had his arm in a sling. Fish shook both of their hands and then walked to the back.
This was a good tag match. Towards the end of it, Jaxson Ryker came down and distracted Strong, which allowed Lorcan to roll up O’Reilly. This was definitely for TV.
- Io Shirai & Candice LeRae vs. Marina Shafir & Jessamyn Duke ended in a no contest
They had a short, basic match. Baszler came out and stood on the ramp and watched it.
Shirai was about to hit her moonsault on Duke when Baszler pulled Duke out of the ring. Shirai then hit the moonsault on Baszler and they brawled around the ring and into the crowd. LeRae also brawled with Duke and Shafir as referees came out to break it up.
The crowd was unhappy with the non-finish, but they love the post-match.
- NXT North American Champion Velveteen Dream defeated Adam Cole and Matt Riddle in a triple threat match to retain his title
All three guys got a big reaction, but Dream got the biggest of anybody on the whole show (him being from nearby Washington D.C. surely helped).
Very good match filled with tons of big moves and kickouts. The finish was Cole hitting two superkicks and a shining wizard on Riddle, but then being hit with a flying elbow by Dream as he went for the cover.
Fun show -- the crowd was into everything. The best match was probably either Kushida vs. Gulak or the main event.