With Money in the Bank scheduled to be a dual-brand show in 2018, it appears that there will be an NXT TakeOver special in conjunction with the weekend.
Dave Meltzer reported in the most recent edition of the Wrestling Observer Newsletter that an NXT TakeOver show is currently planned for June 16th, 2018 in Chicago, which is one day before Money in the Bank will take place at the Allstate Arena. With the already announced "big four" weekend specials, the addition of another show means that there are five TakeOvers scheduled for next year.
Chicago hosted its first TakeOver event this past May. It featured Johnny Gargano & Tommaso Ciampa vs. The Authors of Pain in a ladder match for the NXT Tag Team titles, Bobby Roode vs. Hideo Itami for the NXT Championship, Asuka vs. Nikki Cross vs. Ruby Riot for the NXT Women's Championship, Tyler Bate and Pete Dunne's show-stealing match for the WWE United Kingdom title, and Roderick Strong vs. Eric Young.
Though Meltzer notes that some of this isn't set in stone and there could be some changes, here's the WWE PPV schedule for 2018:
- January 28th -- Royal Rumble (Philadelphia, Pennsylvania)
- February 25th -- Elimination Chamber (Raw PPV in Las Vegas. Nevada)
- March 11th -- Fastlane (SmackDown PPV in Columbus, Ohio)
- April 8th -- WrestleMania 34 (New Orleans, Louisiana)
- May 6th -- Backlash (Raw PPV in Newark, New Jersey)
- May 27th -- Payback (SmackDown PPV in Baltimore, Maryland)
- June 17th -- Money in the Bank (Chicago, Illinois)
- July 15th -- Battleground (Raw PPV in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania)
- August 19th -- SummerSlam (Brooklyn, New York)
- September 16th -- Extreme Rules (Raw PPV in San Antonio, Texas)
- September 30th -- Hell in a Cell (SmackDown PPV in Nashville, Tennessee)
- October 21st -- TLC (Raw PPV in Boston, Massachusetts)
- November 18th -- Survivor Series (Los Angeles, California)
- December 16th -- Clash of Champions (SmackDown PPV in San Jose, California)