Submitted by reader Paul Morrison
This was the final WWE show at the Joe Louis Arena and was built up as one of the biggest house shows of the year.
- United States Champion AJ Styles defeated Kevin Owens to retain his title
Styles retained in the opener after hitting the Phenomenal Forearm.
- Tye Dillinger & Sin Cara defeated Aiden English & Erik Rowan
English came out singing a song about Detroit. Dillinger got the pin on Rowan, then Rowan issued an open challenge after the match.
- Luke Harper defeated Erik Rowan
Harper won with his discus lariat.
- Baron Corbin defeated Sami Zayn
Zayn was super over with the crowd, but Corbin beat him with the End of Days.
- SmackDown Tag Team Champions The New Day defeated The Usos and Breezango to retain their titles
Big E and Kofi Kingston represented New Day in the match, with Big E and Fandango doing some twerk-off dance moves. Kingston pinned Jey Uso to retain after hitting the Midnight Hour.
- WWE Universal Champion Brock Lesnar defeated Samoa Joe to retain his title
This was positioned in the middle of the card. The match seemed a little longer than their one on pay-per-view, but it wasn't by much if it was. Lesnar hit the F-5 to win after almost getting choked out.
- SmackDown Women's Champion Naomi, Charlotte Flair & Becky Lynch defeated Natalya, Carmella & Tamina
Charlotte got a huge pop and worked most of the match, then Naomi got the pin on Carmella after hitting the Rear View.
- Randy Orton & Shinsuke Nakamura defeated WWE Champion Jinder Mahal & Dolph Ziggler
The Singh Brothers came out all bandaged up and selling their injuries from Battleground. Mahal cut his usual heel promo and got major heat. Ziggler, who hasn't been on TV much lately, got virtually no reaction. The faces got some of the biggest pops of the night.
Orton hit the RKO on Ziggler for the victory. Orton did the double DDT on both Singh Brothers during it, with Nakamura also using the Kinshasa on Mahal at the finish.
- It was announced that Hell in a Cell will take place at the new Little Caesars Arena on October 8th.
- John Cena defeated Rusev in a Detroit street fight
Cena won after an Attitude Adjustment through a table. There were microphones, chairs, steps, guardrails, and tables all used as weapons.
After the match, Cena cut a promo saying his first PPV match was at The Joe and it was an honor to close out the arena.