The NXT tag titles will be on the line in Toronto.
It was announced on tonight's episode of NXT that The Revival would defend their titles against Johnny Gargano and Tommaso Ciampa in a two-out-of-three falls match at NXT TakeOver: Toronto. The teams had been set to meet in the second round of the Dusty Rhodes Tag Team Classic before The Revival had to forfeit the match due to a storyline injury to Scott Dawson.
Gargano and Ciampa failed to advance in the Dusty Classic on tonight's show with Paul Ellering and The Revival helping The Authors of Pain pick up the win in their semifinal match. Gargano and Ciampa previously faced The Revival for their titles earlier this year at TakeOver: Brooklyn in a match that received rave reviews.
The finals of the Dusty Rhodes Tag Team Classic were set on tonight's show with TM61 advancing to face The Authors of Pain at TakeOver. William Regal said that Ellering would be suspended above the ring in a cage for the finals.
TakeOver: Toronto will take place on November 19th at the Air Canada Centre in Toronto as part of three straight nights in the arena over Survivor Series weekend. The updated card for the show is:
- NXT Champion Shinsuke Nakamura defending against Samoa Joe
- NXT Women's Champion Asuka defending against Mickie James
- NXT Tag Team Champions The Revival defending against DIY (Johnny Gargano & Tommaso Ciampa) in a two-out-of-three falls match
- Bobby Roode vs. Tye Dillinger
- TM61 vs. The Authors of Pain in the finals of the Dusty Rhodes Tag Team Classic