After both joined SmackDown in the Superstar Shake-up, Roman Reigns and Elias are set to face each other at Money in the Bank.
Reigns vs. Elias was announced for the pay-per-view on tonight's SmackDown. On last week's show, it was hyped that Vince McMahon would be revealing "the biggest acquisition in SmackDown Live history." He introduced Elias as that person, then Reigns came out, Superman punched Vince, and laid out Elias.
Shane McMahon appeared in tonight's opening segment and called out Reigns, saying they were going to settle things in the ring. Shane threatened to fire Reigns if he didn't come to the ring.
Elias then tried to attack Reigns. Reigns fought back against Shane and Elias, but Elias ended up hitting Drift Away on Reigns.
In a backstage segment, Elias sang a song challenging Reigns to a match at Money in the Bank. Reigns accepted later in the show.
Money in the Bank is taking place at the XL Center in Hartford, Connecticut on May 19. Here's the updated card for the PPV:
- Universal Champion Seth Rollins defending against AJ Styles
- Raw & SmackDown Women's Champion Becky Lynch defending the SmackDown title against Charlotte Flair
- Raw & SmackDown Women's Champion Becky Lynch defending the Raw title against Lacey Evans
- Roman Reigns vs. Elias
- Men's Money in the Bank ladder match
- Women's Money in the Bank ladder match