Mandy Rose and Sonya Deville are putting their hair on the line at SummerSlam.
After an angle setting up the match took place on SmackDown two weeks ago, WWE announced tonight that Rose and Deville will face off in a hair vs. hair match at SummerSlam. The pay-per-view is taking place on Sunday, August 23.
Rose cut a promo on SmackDown tonight challenging Deville to the hair vs. hair match at SummerSlam. She asked if Deville really thinks she's the first person to say Rose is just a pretty face. Rose said she's been hearing things like that for her entire life and it still hurts to this day. Rose said Deville of all people should know how hard she works. She thanked Deville for reminding her that she's so much more than just a pretty face. After saying Deville is sitting on her high horse and pretending like she doesn't care how she looks, Rose told Deville to put her money where her mouth is and face her in a hair vs. hair match.
Later on tonight's show, Deville responded to Rose and accepted the challenge.
Deville attacked Rose backstage on SmackDown two weeks ago, cut off some of Rose's hair, and then went to shave Rose's head until being stopped by officials. Rose then appeared last week and brawled with Deville during a match between Heavy Machinery and The Miz & John Morrison.
Here's the updated card for SummerSlam:
- WWE Champion Drew McIntyre defending against Randy Orton
- Raw Women's Champion Sasha Banks defending against Asuka
- SmackDown Women's Champion Bayley defending against Asuka
- Universal Champion Braun Strowman defending against "The Fiend" Bray Wyatt
- Raw Tag Team Champions The Street Profits defending against Andrade & Angel Garza
- United States Champion Apollo Crews defending against MVP
- Seth Rollins vs. Dominik Mysterio
- Hair vs. hair match: Mandy Rose vs. Sonya Deville