Ronda Rousey vs. Becky Lynch vs. Charlotte Flair is officially being promoted as the main event of WrestleMania 35.
WWE issued a press release today announcing that Rousey, Lynch, and Charlotte's triple threat match for the Raw Women's Championship will be the first-ever women's main event of WrestleMania. The press release was also posted in an article on WWE.com.
Rousey made her in-ring debut at last year's WrestleMania and has held the Raw Women's title since August. Lynch was the winner of this year's women's Royal Rumble match, though there was a storyline where her title shot was taken away before the triple threat became official for WrestleMania when Rousey caused Lynch to defeat Charlotte by disqualification in their match at Fastlane.
WrestleMania 35 is taking place at MetLife Stadium in East Rutherford, New Jersey on April 7. Here's what's been announced for the show thus far:
- Raw Women's Champion Ronda Rousey defending against Becky Lynch and Charlotte Flair in a triple threat match
- Universal Champion Brock Lesnar defending against Seth Rollins
- Triple H vs. Batista in a no holds barred match
- AJ Styles vs. Randy Orton
- United States Champion Samoa Joe defending against Rey Mysterio
- Kurt Angle vs. Baron Corbin (Angle's farewell match)
- Shane McMahon vs. The Miz
- Andre the Giant Memorial Battle Royal (Braun Strowman is the first entrant confirmed for the match)
- WWE Cruiserweight Champion Buddy Murphy defending against Tony Nese